Optimisation of track support conditions through tailored stiffness transition zones
- Focus on new materials (WP4) will investigate whether new material and manufacturing techniques are able to improve performance.
- Support structure innovation (WP4) will provide ‘designed’ stiffness transition zones.
- Optimisation of wheel/rail interface (WP4) will minimise impact forces.
- Validation of design concepts (WP6) will ensure that the solutions are practicable.
- Evaluation of design integrated design (WP7) will quantify the impact (economic, performance, etc.).